Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wedding stitching.

My brother got married at the weekend, a great excuse to make him some wedding gifts.  It was a fabulous day and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, which makes a lovely change this summer. I made a few of these a little while ago but couldn't show you all until now.  I also stitched my Mum a wedding bag to go with her dress, she was very happy with it and it did look great with her outfit on the big day.
  A friend of ours will be celebrating their Golden Wedding shortly so I made a sampler to surprise them with.  Mo cried so I guess she was happy with it.  

I stitched my Brother and his new wife this pic, they love the Lakes in the UK so was an apt present for them both.
This is a Victoria Sampler Heirloom Wedding Sampler I chose to make for my Brother and his Wife, adapted to suit them both.  The roses I had never made before and was very pleased with how they turned out.  
This is a pic of my Mums wedding bag and a little purse I made to go with it, I took the pattern from a chart I bought from Rosewood Manor, it was a really enjoyable piece to make.


Finally I made a box for my new Sister to keep all her bits and pieces from the wedding in, I also made all the invites for the wedding so she is keeping those in there too.
My Brother and his Gorgeous new wife.
My Daughter after seeing her Grandma's bag I made wanted one for herself for the wedding to match her dress, luckily there was some spare fabric to make one for her, I also made her a little purse to go with the bag.

Finally this is the Golden Wedding Sampler I made for our friends, this chart is a Sweetheart Tree chart.






I will now try and catch up with my Papillon Creations SAL 'Around the world in 80 Sts, I am getting a little behind.
Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.  xx



5 comments:

cucki said...

wow everything is so beautiful..i love the bag so much..and the sampler..everything is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
love for you x

Teresa S. said...

Absolutely beautiful stitching and finishing!

Hey, why isn't my sister so thoughtful???!! :)

New England Weddings said...

great hand piece :)
I'm pretty sure that your brother and his wife likes this one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What lovely stitching. Your family are so lucky to have you make these gorgeous gifts for them.

Donna said...

what beautiful stitching, and so much work, i especially love the bag