Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mostly photos and a card for Ellie

Firstly I was told of this little girl in Ireland that is very sick and has to go through an awful lot of treatment to try and make her better.
Her Mum has set up a blog  http://cardsforellie.blogspot.com/ as she is hoping for get well cards for Ellie from all corners of the world.
If you have a few mins pop over to her blog and have a look and if you have a few more mins to spare maybe you could make that smile on her face a little bigger by sending her a card.

I havent posted for a while, been a bit sick, wont bore you with details as I am now well on the mend.  But it did give me more stitching time to help me recover which was a good point.


I have joined a SAL with Friendly Stitchers, this is March's section, I have completed April but havent yet taken a picture.  This SAL is being run and designed by Mouse, not sure if this is Mouse's first a temp at designing, if it is she is doing really well, its a real pleasure to stitch the only bad point is waiting for next months section.

This is from my Exchange Partner Sara
for the Spring Exchange with the Emerald Isle group.
Isnt he gorgeous, its a little bag to hold my stitching whilst I am not working on it.
It is already holding some of my work in progress.
Thanks so much Sara, I am still showing it off to my family.
She also hand dyed me two pieces of fabric, they are lovely colours.

I made this little needle keep for my exchange partner Sara in the
Emerald Isle Spring Exchange.  

I have decided to pull my Mary Wigham SAL back out,
I will admit I havent stitched any of it for quite a while,
So Decided to stitch at least part of it each month, This month I stitched the two little designs
quite near the center the pink one and the very light blue one.

I made this for my Mum for Mothers Day.
Its a Patricia Anne Design entitled 'Rose Garden'  I loved stitching this


I won Jo's of http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/ giveaway, yayyy.
 She stitched this gorgeous card for me. I was so pleased when it arrived.
Thanks Jo xx


I took this piece to hospital with me to work on, at one point I had about 5 nurses sat around my bed talking about stitching,  Its all stitched up but I dont have a clue what to make with it, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Well thats it for now, Happy Stitching xx

5 comments:

stitcheranon said...

Looks like you are really making the most of your recovery time! Loads achieved and all beautiful xx

Maud said...

Hello,
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
What lovely finishes you have, I love your boxes especially.
I am in the Emerald Isle group too, so I will see you around.
Maud

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your Dawn of Spring Sampler, Mouse has made a lovely job of desiigning this piece.
It's so funny seeing my stitching on someone else's blog!
Glad you liked it.
Hope you're soon 100% again.

Brigitte said...

Your Dawn of Spring sampler looks great. I've just seen it on Mouse's blog and the different fabric and thread colours make each of the pieces really unique.

lisastuf said...

Just beautiful!
You do great work!