Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Final 2011 Finish, Two Exchanges and I am a Winner.

I have just finished my Jolly Little Santa, this is a Lorri Birmingham Design called 'Tis the Season'  I have to say he was the hardest thing I have ever stitched, not the design but the fabric, its a 32ct linen and a (In the words of Father Ted) very very very very dark blue, that just about destroyed my eyes.  I nearly gave him up quite a few times but am so glad I decided to carry on, I love him to bits, well it might be totally horrid but I cant now see properly ;-)


I received this gorgeous Christmas Tree from Helen for an
Exchange we were taking part in with the Emerald Isle Group
It is stitched 1 over 1 so hope Helen's eyes are back to normal.





These are my stunning squares from Renee with Fair and Square Exchange
You cant see from the photo but the Pear is outlined with memory thread, the effect is gorgeous
We were trying to make something to remind us of the season, Hasn't Renee done a wonderful job.

Lucky Lucky Me!!!  I won this little snowflake treasure stitched by Karen.
Karen held a giveaway on her blog
http://karenshandiwork.blogspot.com/
I was so very pleased it looks stunning on my tree.

























Finally, I want to thank all my followers for making me feel I have friends all over the world and wish everybody a Wonderful Christmas and every one of you a Very Very Happy New Year.    

5 comments:

Xeihua (Sara) said...

What gorgeous gifts you received :) and congratulations on winning the cute ornament ;)
And I'm happy that you didn't give up on your ornament, it's really amazing :D Congratulations

cucki said...

wow very pretty gift you recieved..congratulations on winning the sweet ornament..
i love your finish so much..well done..
hugs and love cucki xx

gracie said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Love your Jolly Little Santa!!! Congrats on sticking with him and on a beautiful finish.
Hope you and your family have a really great Christmas and New Year
Hugs from (a friend) Liz in Oz :)

Rhona said...

Love the Jolly Little Santa...he's gorgeous! Dark colour fabric is always so hard to stitch on - well done for persevering with it!